Do you look at your child and wonder when those legs got so long?
When did those precious cheeks lose their delightfully round and squishy quality? If you find yourself watching them do something with confidence you had no idea they could do, you just might have a tween!
Tweens are defined as children ages 9-12 who are in the process of leaving childhood and entering adolescence.
In short, it means your baby is becoming a teenager, mama! They may not love the toys they once obsessed over and are experimenting with new interests and styles. It’s as exciting as it is sad, but make no mistake! They ARE still a kid and most definitely still want “Santa” to stuff their stockings full of goodies this Christmas!
Here are fun stocking stuffer ideas that are as unique as your growing tween!
Local Yum Stuff
- Chocolate from The Marion Chocolate Shop
- Little Popper Popcorn Pack from Almost Famous Popcorn
- Hot Cocoa Bomb from Moms Dropping Bombs
- Gift Card for a local Ice Cream Shop
Local Fun Stuff
- Quarters for The Quarter Barrel or SuperMarion Arcade
- Game Card for Pizza Ranch Fun Zone
- Sky Zone or AirFX Gift Card
- Gift Card from Next Page Books
- $5 Gift Card to 5 Below
- The Potter’s Obsession Gift Card
- Nail Polish or Nail Stickers
- Chapstick or lip gloss
- Eye Mask for Sleeping
- Head Bands or Scrunchies from BrynnBands
- Christmas Bow Earrings (Also check out her cute little tree & gingerbread men!)
- Multi-Colored Earrings or other fun goodies from this shop!
- Super Bright Keychain Flashlight
- Decals for Water bottles or Notebooks
- Invisible Ink Pens
- Custom Lego Mini-Figure made to look like your tween
- Thinking Putty
- Cuber Speed Rainbow Ball (This was a popular toy between games at a softball tournament this summer!)
- Glow in the Dark Monkey Noodles
- Personalized Pencils
- Watercolor Brushes
- Scented colored pencils
- Oil Pastels
- Emoji Erasers – These were a big hit with my tweens last year!
- Gel Pens
- Erasable Pens – I had to buy my own set because I used my daughter’s pens so much!
- Small Blank Books for Creating Flip Books
- Timer Book Mark – Great for keeping track of school reading log time!
- Story Cubes
- Pocket Microscope
- Quixx Math Game – We have this one and it’s engaging for adults as well.
- Math Fluxx
- Pocket Genius Book
- Christmas Mad Libs
- Would You Rather Book
- Totally Awesome Book of Useless Information – My tweens LOVE this book! They highly recommend it.
Stuck somewhere between a child and a teen, your child will love knowing that no matter how big they get, their mama always makes sure to slip a few surprises into their stockings to bring them joy on Christmas morning.
Make sure you never miss out on a parenting or community-related blog post: sign up to receive Cedar Rapids Moms posts in your inbox. While you’re at it, join our VIP List to ensure you’re one of the first to know about upcoming Cedar Rapids Moms’ events and promotions!!