I love tacos.
Like, really. I could eat them every day and not get tired of them. They also make for an affordable meal. So of course, taco night is a frequent meal in our family’s rotation. I also love doing them for family celebrations as they are easy to prepare in advance and accommodate different dietary needs. I’m here to share my favorite easy taco night recipes and products to make a quick and easy taco night… Just in time for Cinco de Mayo!
Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa
Assemble all ingredients in your instant pot. Cook on poultry for 15 minutes (frozen) or 12 minutes (fresh). Once done you can keep the pressure in for 5 min or let it out. Shred the chicken. I love the bear claw type shredders for this. You could also do this in a slow cooker if you don’t have an instant pot. Just throw everything in in the morning and cook on low all day. This usually makes enough to feed my family of four for 3 whole meals!
Some of my favorite supplies for taco night:
- These street taco tortillas from Mission. They are perfectly small for littles and for less guilt if you want to go for that extra taco! They also make a corn version if you do not eat gluten.
- Vigo yellow rice. I like that this rice is different from the typical Spanish rice mixes. It has a subtle flavor and cooks up perfectly! The family size makes enough to have extra for additional meals too.
- Daisy squeeze sour cream is perfect for tacos.
- What’s taco night without chips? On the Border chips are some of my favorite. I prefer the cantina style thin chips. They also make regular ones and flavored ones too.
- Walmart Marketside Mild Queso tastes just like the queso you get at Mexican restaurants. It’s mild, so good for kids. I like to add chopped jalapenos when I don’t want to share.
- If spicy is your thing, we love this Mexicali dip from Sam’s club! It’s so good on chips, or as a taco topping. Aldi sells a similar dip in a smaller pack size, and their Street Corn dip is similar in taste but without the spice.
- I love cilantro! Sometimes I will substitute chopped cilantro for shredded lettuce.
Perhaps another reason I love tacos is that I also love their accompanying beverage – margaritas! This premixed margarita from Sams Club is my favorite! It tastes closer to a restaurant margarita than any other premixed margarita I’ve tried. If you’re feeling really fancy you could salt the rim of your glass, or for a kick, use tajin seasoning! Warning: doesn’t take much to start feeling these…they’re strong! For kiddos, pregnant mamas, and those who don’t drink, you can serve limeade in a festive cup as a virgin margarita!
Are you craving tacos yet?
I know that I sure am! I hope you’re able to incorporate some of these ideas into your next taco night. Let me know below which ones you try or if you have other suggestions to make taco night fantastico!