What is better than coming home to a batch of fresh homemade cookies?
I always loved coming to my grandma’s house to a plate full of fresh-out-of-the-oven, melt-in-your-mouth cookies. My grandma always made me feel so special when she baked cookies, knowing I was coming. Sometimes when I’d get there, she would have all the ingredients already out, so I could help make the cookies. This made me feel even more special, getting to spend time together and learn to make something myself. That is why spending time with our children, teaching them how to make cookies can be so enjoyable and messy! We aren’t just making cookies – we are making memories!
Every family has their favorite cookie recipe, whether it’s a cake mix cookie, a simple no-bake, or a double peanut butter cookie. In honor of National Homemade Cookie Day (October 1st), we gathered up the Cedar Rapids Mom’s Blog contributors’ favorite cookie recipes!
Just click on the titles for photos and recipes….be careful not to drool! YUM!
1. Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
2. Double Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
3. Hot Cocoa Cookies
4. Hot Desert Sand Cookies
5. White Chip Chocolate Cookies
6. 2 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookies
7. Swig Cookies
8. No-Bake Monster Cookie Energy Bites
9. Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
10. Coconut Lime Cookies
Makes 12-15 cookies
1 cup of sugar
3 oz cream cheese, softened
Zest of 1 lime
1/2 cup butter, melted and warm
1 egg, room temperature
1 Tbsp milk
1 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup shredded coconut
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup powder sugar for rolling cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk sugar, cream cheese, and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Mix in warm butter.
- Add egg, milk, and lime juice.
- Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and coconut.
- Add flour and mix with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
- Form into 1 inch balls and coat them in powder sugar.
- Place on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool slightly on cookie rack and re-coat with powdered sugar.
- Finally, cool completely before enjoying and storing.
From our families to yours, we hope you find a new favorite cookie recipe to try!
What is your family’s favorite cookie recipe? Please share!
Make sure you never miss out on a parenting or community-related blog post: sign up to receive CRMB posts in your inbox. While you’re at it, join our VIP List to ensure you’re one of the first to know about upcoming Cedar Rapids Moms Blog events and promotions!!