When Corn Grows Iowa, Iowans Win

We are excited to partner with Iowa Corn to share more about their campaign called, “When Corn Grows Iowa, Iowans Win.” #iowanswin

Portions of the following information are from iowacorn.org.

Iowa Corn is a farmer-fed organization that works to create educational and marketing opportunities for the long term-sustainability of our state’s corn farmers.

97% of Iowa’s farms are family-owned, and Iowa grows more corn than any other state, meaning it’s primarily families that are behind the crop that positively impacts our lives in so many different ways.

Learn more about “When Corn Grows Iowa, Iowans Win.” #iowanswin

The idea of the latest campaign, #iowanswin, is to share and celebrate with one another the small things. It’s easy to get bogged down by the negativity of the world. Food prices, fuel prices, the pandemic — the challenges you’ve faced at home are the ones our farm families have faced, too.

It’s fair to say we could all use a little positivity in our lives and celebrate the everyday wins. no matter how small or seemingly ordinary. The fun thing about this is it looks different for everyone, yet we can all relate to those everyday delights when we see them:

  • Older siblings pushing their younger siblings on the swings at the playground
  • A child learning how to do something in their developmental stages
  • The perfect summer day spent at the local pool
  • Sitting by the bonfire after a week of work
  • Catching up with a loved one, or college friend
  • Taking time for self-care at the local spa

Farmer, urbanite, young, old — there are so many great moments that we all relate to and that make us smile. Let’s see how #iowanswin, together.

We like to say Iowa grows corn, but the truth is – Corn Grows Iowa. You’ve probably experienced the “highway view” of corn as you travel our great state. But take a closer look, and you’ll discover the many connections you have to corn. And those connections, big and small, translate into wins for you, wins for farmers, wins for Iowans.

 

#iowanswin

mini golfing
iowawins
holding hands
cavity free club

 

Let’s see your wins. #iowanswin

Submitted content may be used across Cedar Rapids Moms and Iowa Corn’s social media platforms.

When Corn Grows Iowa, Iowans Win. From the fields to the pump, and to the food we eat — corn is positively impacting our everyday lives.

 

Corn Grows Fuel, Iowans win.

A renewable fuel that’s better for our environment, our health, and our wallets — grown right in our backyards. Cue: Corn-based ethanol. When you choose ethanol at the pump you’re helping each of us to live in a healthier environment. Ethanol helps to reduce greenhouse gas and other toxins in our air.

Corn Grows Food, Iowans win.

When people think of corn, sweet corn is probably what comes to mind. But in Iowa, just 1% of the corn we grow is sweet corn. The other 99% is referred to as field corn. Most of this field corn goes into feeding livestock — pigs, poultry, and cattle — and is used to make ethanol, a renewable fuel option. But many other products depend on corn, too. In fact, a typical grocery store contains 4,000 items that list corn ingredients on the label.

Did You Know?

  • One bushel of corn is the size of a laundry basket
  • Hogs are the top livestock consumer of corn grown in Iowa
  • 72% of Iowa is used as cropland
  • The average farm size is 351 acres, that’s about 351 football fields
  • 1 in every 5 Iowans has a job in production agriculture or ag-related industries

 

About Iowa Corn

We’re a group of folks who eat, sleep and breathe all things corn – okay mostly just the first one, but the point is – we think corn is pretty great! Comprised of the Iowa Corn Promotion Board® (ICPB) and Iowa Corn Growers Association® (ICGA), Iowa Corn works to unlock the potential of corn in a sustainable manner to meet the global need for food and energy. Both organizations work on the joint mission to create opportunities for long-term Iowa corn grower profitability.

Connect with Iowa Corn

Follow Iowa Corn on Facebook and Instagram.

Thank you again to iowacorn.org for providing this excellent overview of Iowa Corn, #IowansWin, and how we as Iowans benefit from corn. 

Owner of Cedar Rapids Moms, Alyssa, grew up near Backbone State Park, and moved to Cedar Rapids over 10 years ago. Married to her best friend, Kevin;  mama to Jack, Liv, and Theo; and dog mama to Stella and Milo, life is full of chaos, busy schedules, and lots of traveling. Her Type A personality is evident through her color-coded Google Calendar and her never-ending lists. When she's not stepping on Legos, hair barrettes, or chasing the kids, you can find her cheering on the Steelers or Hawkeyes, hosting friends and family, spending time in the kitchen, or planning her next vacation. 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here