As soon as the first September breeze hits, the Halloween decor goes up, and the “spooky” movies start playing. With a 1, 3, and 10-year-old – they can only get so spooky at my house. Here’s a list of the best Halloween movies to watch with your kids – big and small.
Pop some popcorn, grab your favorite drink, & get cozy – it’s Spooky Movie Season!
Please note: This is a comprehensive list of children’s movies. They may not be appropriate for all ages. Please pay attention to movie ratings when making a selection.
Halloween Movies to Watch with Your Goblins & Ghouls
- Beetlejuice (1988)
- Casper (1995) & Caper Meets Wendy (1998)
- Coco (2017)
- Coraline (2009)
- Corpse Bride (2005)
- Don’t Look Under the Bed (1999)
- Double, Double Toil and Trouble (1993)
- Ernest Scared Stupid (1991)
- Frankenweenie (2012)
- Halloweentown (1998), Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge (2001), Halloweentown
- High (2004), Return to Halloweentown (2006)
- Hocus Pocus (1993) & Hocus Pocus 2 (2022)
- Hotel Transylvania (2012), Hotel Transylvania 2 (2015), Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer
- Vacation (2018), & Hotel Transylvania: Transformania (2022)
- Hubie Halloween (2020)
- It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (1966)
- Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire (2000)
- Monster House (2006)
- Monsters, Inc. (2001) & Monsters University (2013)
- ParaNorman (2012)
- Phantom of the Megaplex (2002)
- Practical Magic (1998)
- The Addams Family (1991) & The Addams Family Values (1993)
- The Addams Family (updated cartoon version, 2019) & The Addams Family 2 (2021)
- The Haunted Mansion (2003) & Haunted Mansion (2023)
- The Little Vampire (2000)
- The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
- The Scream Team (2002)
- Twitches (2005) & Twitches Too (2007)
- Under Wraps (1997 & 2021)
For a collective list of scary Halloween movies – for young and old, check out this QC Mom blog!
Ensure you never miss out on a parenting or community-related blog post: sign up to receive Cedar Rapids Moms posts in your inbox. While you’re at it, follow us on Facebook and Instagram to ensure you’re among the first to know about upcoming Cedar Rapids Moms’ events and promotions!